There is something intriguing to me about keeping track of the context around a project that is itself simply the context of a thing. It is all very convoluted, but in the convolution there is clarity.

From the author...

Essentially, this blog is an opportunity for me to discuss the process of writing these stories from within the character of Matthus Sparrowblade. Forcing myself to think about why he would include this story, and what questions he would be having, helps keep me honest.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Another albeit circumstantial evidence to the connection between the eastern Narti and the Asanir [the Cilanese and the gipsies] is their peculiar relationship to the Wild."

Here again he mentions the Netherwild, and in this case, discusses the abnormal relationship between the Cilanese and that bizarre phenomenon. But he does not here, or anywhere for that matter, provide a base line from which such abnormal behavior is to be judged. I will have to find a true description of this thing and reference it here for further use. Of course, I have heard of the thing, and read anecdotes about it, but I am still not clear on what it is.

No comments: